Our Agile Process explained…
This is the third in a series of blogs about the process we use at Surge Online to build the right software solutions. (You will remember that the first stage is Discovery, followed by Understanding).
Our clients tell us that our working process is unique and our approach offers many benefits in the development of their desired solution, including the reduction of your risk.
So in this artcile we continue to provide an insight behind the process we use at Surge Online to build our software solutions, with you and your end user in mind.
What is ‘Agile’?
DEFINITION: Agile software development is a set of principles for software development in which requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional teams.
We don’t just blindly follow Agile, we apply it intelligently, supplementing it with other processes such has Behaviour Driven Development, and our own QA methods. All in all, you get a mature process, refined over many years, guaranteed to deliver, with predictable costs and schedules.
This stage of our process is a where Surge Online build the actual working software for you, but with less surprises than with traditional software development.
How does it work?
Following the Understanding Phase, our Agile process helps us to create the working solution for you. It is not just about taking your specifications and getting you to wait for completion. Your key stakeholders will work closely with us, every step of the way, in a structured, collaborative, and incremental process. This stage involves:
- Collaborative working – one of our core objectives – Our approach sees us remain in daily contact with you, meaning you have no surprises and all considerations are made during the build, often from our experience saving you time and money.
- Visibility – The system is delivered, feature by feature over fortnightly cycles. So every fortnight (at least), you receive a demonstration of what we have built, meaning you are in total control.
- Reassurance – Quality Assurance and Testing is performed at the completion of each feature, rather than all at the end, which means you can be confident that the features are working, as they are delivered.
What do we deliver for you?
A cost-effective solution which does exactly what you expect it to do, namely:
- A solution which is closely matched to your business goals and to its end-users’ requirements.
- A demonstration of work completed at the end of every Sprint cycle, so you get to see the solution and our progress every two weeks
- Regular opportunities for you to feedback into the build process, so that the end result is exactly what you want.
- Over the weeks & months, we continue to refine the build until you and the end users, are 100% satisfied.
- Our guarantee is to deliver your Minimum Viable product on time and within budget.
Download our free guide to Agile Software Development, the terminology, and how you can benefit from Behaviour Driven Development.
If you would like to find out more, please call us on +44 (0)7500 040302 or email email@example.com and we will get straight back to you.